You can never go wrong with a date night including delicious food. London has such a diverse selection of cuisines to enjoy, you could travel the world in just one day!
My top 5 romantic restaurants include:
- Noble Rot – the wine list will swoon anyone who is partial to a great vino, and starts at just £5 per glass. With two locations, 1 in Soho and 1 in Bloomsbury, you can pick whichever is closest to your day’s activities.
- Sessions Art Club – with a daily changing menu this romantic restaurant is set in a Grade II-listed former courthouse in Clerkenwell. You’ll need to reserve well-ahead of time, though, as its romantic interiors and amazing menu mean they are often fully booked months in advance.
- Brasserie of Light – this beautiful restaurant with diamond encrusted flying horse sculpture is at the top of the Selfridges on Oxford Street (so you can get your shopping fix before heading for dinner!). While the interiors are luxurious (check out the pink onyx bathrooms), the menu is on the approachable side when it comes to pricing, and I have been there several times. You must try the quirky desserts on offer and the lobster linguine was delicious!
- Gloria Trattoria – this Shoreditch-based restaurant is across two truly different floors. The top floor is styled like an Amalfi Coast conservatory with bright & light interiors. Head downstairs and you are welcomed by velvets, deep colours, and sultry interiors. While the food is glorious! For an instagram-worthy meal, you can dine on the two-person La Gran Carbonara mixed in front of you in a giant wheel of pecorino cheese!
- Berners Tavern – don’t let the word Tavern fool you – this exquisite restaurant boasts luxury dining (thanks to it’s michelin starred chef JASON ATHERTON) and it’s very own champagne cart. With cocktails, grass-fed Scottish steaks, sharing platters and tantalising seafood, you’ll have a night to remember. They are also open for breakfast and lunch, if you’re doing a date “day”.