Looking for fun things to do this August in London? From carnival in Notting Hill, to outdoor music festivals, this is my list of fun and quirky must-do events in London for the last month of the summer.
Fun Events in London – August 2022
1. Celebrate at Europe’s largest street festival. Notting Hill Carnival returns to West London after Coronavirus meant this iconic event had to cancel the festivities for 2 years. Enjoy incredible street food, music and dancing all day and through the night. From 27th – 29th August.
2. Discover game-changing African fashion at the V&A Exhibition “Africa Fashion“. Looking to showcase the entire continent through its fashion with textiles, design and still and moving images. You will discover fashion all the way from the 1960s to the present day in this wonderful exhibit. Until 16th April 2023.
3. Grab a pint of craft beer in the sun, at “The London Craft Beer Festival” at Tabacco Dock. Back for it’s 10th year in London, this unique event celebrates craft breweries you may not have heard of. With 100 London breweries and 25 US breweries at the festival, it’s definitely worth a visit if you love beer. 12th – 13th August.
4. Satisfy your sweet tooth at either the “Dessert Festival” on 12th – 14th August at the Business Design Centre in Islington, or the “Cool Down Down Ice Cream Festival” on 19th August – 4th September in Covent Garden.
5. Enjoy 12 days of free music in Kings Cross at the “Summer Sounds Music Festival“. With live artists from across folk, jazz, classical, experimental and dance, you’ll be able to enjoy free live concerts every evening from 6.30pm to 8.30pm and from 1pm to 6pm on ‘Family Sundays’. 10th – 21st August.
To discover your monthly guide to London property, area guides, and top events to attend, sign up to my monthly newsletter, here.